After arduous five-day work week, the weekend is finally here. Granted this may mean additional tasks related especially for those with children such as sporting events, music lessons, or swimming classes, however, the weekend is usually offered a little extra time. So instead of spending those precious hours camped out in front of the television possibly eat and drink excessively, why not instead get off this weekend and do something active?
If you’ve been wanting to lose weight and get in better shape, use the weekend to help springboard into action. You can find this the perfect opportunity to create a healthy weekend habit that you will come to truly love, which in turn will start leading you to develop other healthy habits. Sometimes it is easier to start making active operations on the weekend when the hustle and bustle of the working day is not tolerated.
live a healthy life is to start somewhere, and what better place to start than with a fun, outdoor activities especially if the weather is pleasant in which you live. Here are 10 different outdoor activities to get to think about several possible options.
better chance of sticking with this healthy habit, choose something that you are really interested or excited about doing. Just be sure before trying one or more of these ideas out, get clearance from your doctor especially if you have not been active for a very long time.
1. Hike nearby hills or forest. You may be surprised what is actually in your area. Do a simple Internet search or even looking at Google Earth maps may reveal areas that you have not been studied before.
2. Go take a run on the beach or around a nearby lake. This alone can be refreshing momentary escape from reality. A simple change of scenery can sometimes be all the motivation you need to start moving again.
3. Walk the downtown streets of the city or explore other places in the surrounding area that you have not been before. You may be surprised at what you find around you.
4. Get out on the tennis court to hit a few balls with someone. This is a great way to get some exercise, relieve some stress and have fun at the same time. Local classes and groups are another option if you’ve never played before.
5. Take a nice bike ride in the early morning or late afternoon. It is liberating to pedal away on a bicycle let the wind blow your hair as you go houses and cars parked on the street. It helps to identify areas that do not have a lot of traffic or designated bike lanes to make this activity safer for riders.
6. Play football or basketball with children at a local park. Children love to play, and what better way to do it than with their parents. Have some fun practicing with the kids and you will help encourage healthy habits.
7. in your backyard, do some light calisthenics and stretching. Find a nice spot where you have room to move and you will see that you really do not need to go anywhere else to get some exercise in. Many major exercises you can do at home without the need for any additional equipment other than a pair of tennis shoes.
8. Play some Paddle Ball, badminton, or throw a Frisbee with your family on an open lawn. This is another family orientated activities you can possibly do in your own backyard or nearby park. This game can usually be found for under $ 20 at the local sporting goods store or cheaper used on the Internet through websites like Craigslist or eBay.
9. Go out and play golf. If possible, ditch the cart and walk with the bag to increase physical activity. Lessons can be the first option if you want to correct the blows or if you need to learn the game. For younger children, miniature golf is always light hearted, fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
10 Take your dog for a walk around the neighborhood. Furry friend loves to explore so if possible, take a little your partner out for a nice 30-minute or hour-long walk. Not only will you get some exercise, but so will your pet.